Seminar, Oct. 29: UF&Shands Integrated Data Repository – update on i2b2 for cohort discovery
The UF CTSI invites you to attend the following seminar about the UF&Shands Integrated Data Repository, a project funded in part by the UF CTSI.
“UF&Shands Academic Health Center Integrated Data Repository –
2012 Update on i2b2 for Cohort Discovery”
Monday, Oct. 29, 2012
Noon to 1 p.m.
G301 HPNP Building (ground floor, west of the lobby)
- Richard Deason, M.S., Assistant Director and Integrated Data Repository Project Manager, UF&Shands Academic Health Center
- Christopher Harle, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research, Management and Policy, UF&Shands Academic Health Center
This talk is part of the UF/VA Institute on Aging Clinical Translational Aging Research Series.
Assistant Director Deason and Dr. Harle have disclosed no relevant financial relationships. No one else in a position to control the content of this activity has any financial relationship(s) to disclose.
If you have access to the i2b2 system prior to the seminar, you will have the option of
following the i2b2 examples from your laptop during the presentation. For access, complete
the optional online training module at http://idr.ahc.ufl.edu/i2b2/i2b2-training-module/, after
which you may click on the link found and register for access.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the significant impact the UF&Shands Integrated Data Repository (IDR) will have on healthcare quality improvement, patient safety, research and education.
- Use the examples described in the presentation to understand current and future uses of the IDR and i2b2 to improve their research and quality studies.
- Gain access to and use the UF&Shands i2b2 software to begin discovering potential cohorts for their current and future research.
Continuing Education Sponsors
UF College of Medicine: ***Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. ***Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
VA: 1.0 hour of Continuing Education credit provided for: VA employees.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar or the issuance of CME credits, please contact Lea-An Steiner at 352-265-0111, ext. 85867, or email email@example.com.