Letters of intent due Nov. 20 for UF College of Medicine Thomas H. Maren Postdoctoral Award
One-page letters of intent and biosketches are due Tuesday, Nov. 20, for the Thomas H. Maren Junior Investigators Fund, which provides seed money for promising postdoctoral fellows in the UF College of Medicine. Award amount is $25,000 per year for two years (second-year funding contingent on first-year progress). One award will be given in 2013.
- Must be a postdoctoral fellow (with a Ph.D. and/or M.D.) with a full-time research assignment in a College of Medicine department
- Must have no more than three years of cumulative postdoctoral training at the time of LOI submission
- Must have demonstrated productivity as a postdoctoral fellow (awards, presentations and publications)
- Mentor must have ample resources to support proposed project
Application Instructions & Review Process
Email the three documents specified below as a single PDF document to Heather Voet no later than Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012:
- One-page letter of intent should include:
- Name of candidate
- Current department, mentor and date of hire
- Brief summary of proposed project (300-word maximum)
- Postdoctoral fellow’s current NIH biosketch
- Mentor’s current NIH biosketch
Letters of intent will be reviewed and up to 10 full proposals will be invited on or around Dec. 19, 2012. Invited full proposals will be due on or around Jan. 21, 2013.