Translational Science Casting Call
Ever wonder how scientific discoveries make it to your doctor’s office?
Translational science orchestrates each stage of that journey, from the moment of discovery to improvements in health. In Florida, the University of Florida, Florida State University and University of Miami collaborate as part of a national network working together to accelerate discoveries toward better health. The network is funded by the National Institutes of Health’s Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) program, which is led by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences. Check out the video and resources below to learn more about the roles you can play.
UF Health Communications creative team: Alex Mills, Carlos Campos, Claire Baralt, Chris Bilowich
Become a Research Participant
- UF Health Research Studies & Clinical Trials, searchable listings of clinical trials and health research studies that are enrolling participants at UF Health
- UF HealthStreet, a program that connects Northeast Florida residents to community health workers to learn about research opportunities as well as medical and social services
- ResearchMatch.org, a national registry of volunteers willing to learn more about research studies
- NIH Clinical Research Trials & You
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration Patient Network
- ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the NIH
- Clinical Research Education Center, a resource from the Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation
Inspire and Train the Next Generation
Explore a Career in Translational Science
- For High School Students –
- For Undergraduate Students –
- For Ph.D. Students –
- For Health Professionals –
- For Research Coordinators –
- Clinical and Translational Science Awards Consortium Training and Career Development Resources
- NIH Training Opportunities
Support Translational Science
UF Giving Opportunities
Meet the creative team!
These members of the UF Health Communications team collaborated to produce “Translational Science Casting Call.” Click each picture to learn more about their roles and work at the University of Florida.