Master Certificate for Excellence in Human Subject Research and Protections Program
Offered by the CTSI Academy of Research Excellence, the Master Certificate for Excellence in Human Subject Research and Protections is an advanced, practically-oriented program to develop excellence in human-subject research focusing on regulatory requirements, informed consent training, practical aspects of running a research enterprise, and research integrity and professionalism.
The 10-week program consists of lectures and participatory seminars, including informed consent training using simulated research subjects. There also is a lecture by a distinguished visiting speaker and an award presentation dinner.
Investigators who successfully complete the Master Certificate program will become members of the CTSI Academy of Research Excellence for a three-year renewable term. The UF administration and the CTSI are committed to making the academy a prominent, prestigious and transformational program.
Please check back for future application cycles.
This advanced program is intended for UF clinical investigators working with human subjects. It meets and exceeds the NIH’s ethics training requirements for investigators. Applicants should be committed to:
- Developing successful track records of grants and publications;
- Becoming exemplary investigators and investigator role models;
- Developing expertise in human-subject research and protections.
Contact for Questions
Ray Moseley, Ph.D., Director, CTSI Academy of Research Excellence
Master Certificate Benefits
- The primary benefit of successful completion of the Master Certificate will be the knowledge and skills acquired that will lead to submission of high-quality human-subject research projects that anticipate and successfully address potential regulatory and consent issues.
- Membership in the Academy of Research Excellence entails significant recognition by the UF Health Science Center and UF CTSI. This will include recognition at an awards dinner and a letter recognizing your achievement for your evaluation and promotion packet.
- Investigators who complete the program will receive personalized assistance with their research enterprise to address informed consent issues, human subject regulatory hurdles, and the design of ethically optimal research protocols.
- This program meets and exceeds the NIH’s ethics training requirements for investigators.
- Academy members will have their IRB full-board submissions reviewed in a block set aside at IRB meetings. This “block” will be first on the IRB meeting agenda so academy members will know when their submissions will be reviewed, thus allowing time for any needed corrections to be made on the same day.
- Academy members will have their expedited submissions to the IRB reviewed within 72 hours of submission.
- Academy members will receive guaranteed IRB staff pre-review of full-board submissions.
- Regulatory compliance assessment and research team education will be available to academy members.
- Academy members will have the opportunity to serve as mentors for junior colleagues if they desire.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.