Research Coordinator Program for Excellence in Human Subject Research
Offered by the CTSI Academy of Research Excellence, the Research Coordinator Program for Excellence in Human Subject Research is an advanced, practically-oriented program to develop excellence in human-subject research focusing on regulatory requirements, informed consent training, and research integrity and professionalism.
This 10-week program consists of 10 interactive, two-hour seminars; attendance at all sessions is required. It is designed for experienced UF research coordinators who work with human subjects.
Coordinators who successfully complete the program will become members of the CTSI Academy of Research Excellence’s Research Coordinators Leadership Council, which will enhance leadership training, continuing education and mentoring opportunities for research coordinators at UF. Council members will have the opportunity to serve in various capacities as role models and mentors to enhance trust, support and safety for UF research participants.
Spring 2014 Cohort & Schedule
In December 2013, the CTSI Academy of Research Excellence selected its second class of 13 research coordinators pursuing membership on the academy’s Research Coordinators Leadership Council.
The Spring 2014 program meets every two weeks from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014, and ending Tuesday, June 3, 2014.
This advanced program is intended for experienced UF research coordinators who work with human subjects and are committed to becoming exemplary leaders in human subject research and protections. Applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
- Review of the Belmont Report, and DHHS Regulation 45 CFR 46
- Successful completion of the UF IRB-01 Mandatory Training
- Successful completion of the CTSI Informed Consent Training (CTS800): Log in to myUFL and navigate to Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > Request Training Enrollment > Search by Course Number > CTS800
- The primary benefit of successful completion of the Research Coordinator Program for Excellence in Human Subject Research will be the knowledge and skills acquired that will lead to the conduct of high-quality human-subject research.
- Membership on the Academy of Research Excellence’s Research Coordinators Leadership Council entails significant recognition by the UF CTSI, including a letter and plaque recognizing your accomplishment.
- Council members will have the opportunity to serve as leaders and peer mentors in the UF Research Coordinators Consortium if they desire.
- This activity has been granted 8 continuing nursing education contact hours.*
Additional Opportunities for Research Coordinators
The CTSI Training and Professional Development Program offers additional opportunities for research coordinators, including the CTSI Certificate of Basic Coordinator Training and UF Research Coordinators Consortium.
Contact for Questions
H. Robert Kolb, RN, BS, CCRC
Co-Director, Research Coordinator Program, CTSI Academy of Research Excellence