UF Metabolomics Workshop, June 4-7, 2012
Sponsored by the UF CTSI and the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, the 2012 UF Metabolomics Workshop will be held from June 4-7 at the UF Health Science Center in Gainesville, Fla.
The four-day workshop will cover the following topics:
- Basic intro to nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), mass spectrometry (MS) and statistical analysis
- Matlab workshop by Mathworks and a demonstration of using Matlab for metabolomics
- Special sessions on dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP) for in-cell and animal metabolomics using NMR
- Advanced MS methods of imaging and isotopic ratio outlier analysis (IROA) for global analysis
- Tours/workshops of NMR and MS facilities as well as a Matlab demonstration and hands-on teaching lab
- Mini symposium of metabolomics seminars that demonstrate applications of many of the techniques covered in the workshop (symposium is free and open to the public)
Info for Workshop Participants
Most workshop sessions, including meals and coffee breaks, will be in the Health Professions, Nursing and Pharmacy (HPNP) building at UF. Lectures will be in HPNP G-114 and start at 8:30 a.m. each day.
Continental breakfasts will be served in the HPNP lobby at 8 a.m. each day. Lunch and coffee breaks will be in the same location. Dinner is on your own, except for the mixer and BBQ banquet (with veggie options) on Wednesday night.
We will have a table with name tags and meeting materials near the breakfast.
Weather & Attire
Dress for summer heat and be prepared for summer rain.
Download the workshop schedule.
The registration fee for the four-day workshop is $200 and includes continental breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks each day as well as a banquet dinner on Wednesday. Participants are responsible for travel and lodging costs. Space is limited to 50 participants. Interested students, postdoctoral students, faculty and staff are encouraged to register early to secure a space: Workshop Registration
Arthur S. Edison, Ph.D. (email@example.com)
Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida
Co-PI and Director of Chemistry & Biology, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
Lodging & Travel Information
UF-affiliated hotels include the UF Hilton and the Reitz Union Hotel. The Alachua County Visitors & Convention Bureau’s Visit Gainesville site provides information about other nearby hotels, motels and inns or bed-and-breakfasts.
Map, Directions & Parking
If you are traveling from out of town and need to arrange parking on campus, please email Denise Caswell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gainesville Restaurants & Attractions
The 2012 UF Metabolomics Workshop is supported in part by the following corporate sponsors: