Dear CRC Investigators and study teams,
Thank you for your patience as we adjust the UF CTSI Clinical Research Center (CRC) operations to address the COVID-19 situation.
Per guidance from UF Health and UF Research leadership we are rolling back to essential research activity only, effective at close of business Friday, March 13, 2020 and until further notice. This is critical to ensuring the health of our research participants, staff, and faculty.
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020: We will provide services for essential research activities according to the following guidelines:
- CRC will have reduced hours of operation: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm.
- We will evaluate requests for scheduling patient visits on a Monday or a Friday if critically necessary, on a case-by-case basis based on pre-scheduling requests.
- Scheduling research visits will be through WEBCamp – and all visits must be scheduled and approved in advance – no walk-in appointments.
- Only essential treatment–oriented study visits for currently enrolled participants only.
- No screening or enrollment activities or healthy control visits may be conducted in the CRC at this time.
- No staffing will be provided for after hours or nights.
- No moderate sedation or high acuity procedures may be conducted at this time.
Investigators: Please review your current scheduled CRC visits to determine which non-essential visits can be cancelled or postponed. Please confirm whether essential visits may need to be rescheduled to fit the operational schedule outlined above. For any essential visits that cannot be rescheduled contact us right away.
Important Contact Information:
For all questions or concerns – please send an email to CRC-ADMIN-L@lists.ufl.edu.
CRC Nurses Station (Tues, Wed, Thurs only): 352-294-5867
Janet King, CRC Manager: email@example.com; Voice Mail 352-294-5882
We look forward to continuing to serve study teams when we resume normal business operations. If you have any questions about COVID-19 please visit the University of Florida’s COVID-19 information page http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/ and UF Health’s COVID-19 information page for updates https://ufhealth.org/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19
Desmond Schatz MD
Professor and Interim Chair of Pediatrics
Medical Director, Diabetes Institute
Medical Director, CTSI Clinical Research Center
University of Florida College of Medicine
Past President, American Diabetes Association 2016
Brian J. Sevier, Ph.D.
University of Florida
COO, Clinical & Translational Science Institute
Director, Office of Clinical Research