Community Advisory Board
The UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute’s Community Advisory Board advises the CTSI and its Community Engagement and Research Program on specific research projects and translational research goals, with meetings rotating between Gainesville and Jacksonville. Read below to learn more about the board’s mission, vision, goals, members, governance and how to get involved.
Ensure the community has a voice in the direction and access to the actions, activities and initiatives of the CTSI as it implements and transforms research at the University of Florida.
Partner with the University of Florida to have a positive impact on health issues in the community while assuring community research represents local community interests.
- Serve as a model of excellence to adopt or emulate programs and activities for implementation at other CTSIs throughout the state, region and nation
- Build bidirectional participatory capacity for community members to be an integral part of the CTSI
- Assure that community research has transparency
- Examine ways to enhance or implement sustainable programs within CTSI and in communities
- Create access to and be a bridge for community participants to be in research
- Assure community research projects includes underrepresented populations
- Assure community research uses lay language and perspectives
- Be a trusted advisor to other senior leadership of the CTSI
- Serve as a sounding board for scientists engaged in clinical and community-based research to ensure that protocols include local community interests
Members & Governance
To learn more about getting involved, please contact Dr. Linda Cottler at firstname.lastname@example.org.