The UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute’s Community Advisory Board advises the CTSI and its Community Engagement and Research Program on specific research projects and translational research goals, with meetings rotating between Gainesville and Jacksonville. Read below to learn more about the board’s mission, vision, goals, members, governance and how to get involved.
Ensure the community has a voice in the direction and access to the actions, activities and initiatives of the CTSI as it implements and transforms research at the University of Florida.
Partner with the University of Florida to have a positive impact on health issues in the community while assuring community research represents local community interests.
- Serve as a model of excellence to adopt or emulate programs and activities for implementation at other CTSIs throughout the state, region and nation
- Build bidirectional participatory capacity for community members to be an integral part of the CTSI
- Assure that community research has transparency
- Examine ways to enhance or implement sustainable programs within CTSI and in communities
- Create access to and be a bridge for community participants to be in research
- Assure community research projects includes underrepresented populations
- Assure community research uses lay language and perspectives
- Be a trusted advisor to other senior leadership of the CTSI
- Serve as a sounding board for scientists engaged in clinical and community-based research to ensure that protocols include local community interests
To learn more about getting involved, please contact Dr. Linda Cottler at email@example.com.
Community Advisory Board Members
Kristi Aiello, Senior Manager, Market Development and Community Engagement, Florida Blue
Monica Albertie, MHA, Administrative Project Manger, Mayo Clinic-Jacksonville
Irvin (PeDro) Cohen, EdD, VP of Social Responsibility/Executive Director-Johnson Family YMCA, YMCA of Florida’s First Coast
Sabrina Ferguson-Edwards, EdD, Executive Director, Little Bookworms
Mary L. Garcia, MBA, Administrator /Health Officer, Florida Department of Health – Putnam County
Bill Gates, CEO, Bill Gates Marketing
Jacquelyn Green, Community and Client Relations Manager, Florida Department of Children and Families
Charles Griggs, Chapter President, 100 Black Men of Jacksonville
James Hall, PhD, Epidemiologist, Center for Applied Research on Substance Use and Health Disparities, Nova Southeastern University
Jay Kuchera, MD, Physician, Resolute Pain Solutions
Paul Myers, MD, Director, Alachua County Health Department, Estella Pyfrom, CEO, Estelle’s Brilliant Bus
Penny Ralston, PhD, Professor, Dean Emeritus and Director, Florida State University
Clydie Roseberry-Howard, Director, Early Head Start Care Partnership, Lutheran Social Services
Denise Schentrup, DNP, ARNP, BC, Director, Archer Healthcare Center
Richard L. Tyson, Jr., Engineering Technician III Process Development, Vistakon, Inc. Johnson & Johnson Vision