The CTSI portal will be the central resource for investigators, trainees, research staff, research participants and the community to access clinical and translational science information and services. The current portal needs significant effort in design, information architecture, business process and foundational capabilities to support the institute and the people it serves.
Remodel the CTSI portal and its business practices resulting in an attractive, functional, information rich resource for all CTSI constituents.
- Create an attractive portal consistent with CTSI, HSC, UF Health and university identity and branding
- Create a useful information architecture for all our constituents. Focus initial effort on information for investigators.
- Identify and add basic technical capabilities to the portal
- Create documented, focused business practices to insure timely, high volume, high quality, attractive content on the portal
- Create and execute a promotional campaign for the portal to drive usage
- The resulting portal should be recognized as one of the top 5 CTSA portals nationally.
The portal is one of the key services of the CTSI. Service information and access to CTSI services is anticipated to be generated by the portal. By remodeling the CTSI portal and establishing the portal as a destination for information about clinical and translational science and CTSI services at UF, we will drive understanding and adoption of CTSI services.
CTSI services are evolving. The CTSI portal will need to evolve to accommodate change in practices. The initial remodel of the CTSI portal will focus on descriptions of services – not on the direct electronic provision of services. Direct electronic provision of services – REDCap, ResearchMatch, Clinical Trial registry, Research Price List, document management and other services – will be integrated into the CTSI portal as these services are developed.
Complete construction of the new portal by December 31, 2010. The new portal launched on January 3, 2011. The original portal has been archived off-line.