The University of Florida Clinical and Translational Research Building serves as the headquarters for clinical and translational science at UF and in the state. The building houses patient-oriented research venues for the Institute on Aging and the Clinical and Translational Science Institute. The 120,000-square-foot facility features two main wings. Construction cost approximately $45 million, with $15 million coming from an NIH ARRA grant awarded to the Institute on Aging. Units in the new building include:
- Clinical and Translational
- Institute on Aging
- Department of Biostatistics
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Health Outcomes and Bioinformatics
The UF Clinical and Translational Research Building is located on the university’s Gainesville campus at 2004 Mowry Road on the northeast corner of Gale Lemerand Drive.
Timeline & Background
Groundbreaking occurred on May 26, 2011. The building was completed in June 2013.
Architectural and engineering design, construction management and commissioning were carried out by Perkins+Will, AEI Gainesville, Structural Engineers Group, Brown & Cullen, Skanska, Moses & Associates, Siebein Associates and many local and Florida subcontractors.
- March 2014 LEED Platinum Certification News Release
- August 2013 Ribbon-Cutting News Release, Video, Photos and Media Coverage
- May 2011 Groundbreaking News Release and Video of Event Highlights
Related Media Coverage
- UF Health Shands News&Notes, Oct. 2014: Collaboration thrives at new translational research hub
- Healthcare Design, Nov. 11, 2013: UF Clinical Translational Research Building
- North Central Florida Business Report, Oct. 2013: Check out UF Health’s new research facility
- North Central Florida Business Report, Aug. 13, 2013:
Clinical and Translational Research Building opens at UF
- WUFT, Aug. 12, 2013: UF Health opens $45 million Clinical and Translational Research Building
- Gainesville Sun, May 16, 2012: UF hopes new building breaks down walls between researchers
- HOME magazine, Oct./Nov. 2011: UF Clinical and Translational Research Building broadens research opportunities
- WCJB-TV ABC 20, May 26, 2011: Breaking ground on new UF research facility
- WUFT-FM, May 26, 2011: UF breaks ground on new health sciences facility