The CTSI Translational Workforce Development Program serves as a hub for translational science education at UF. It provides educational opportunities that facilitate the training of clinical and basic science investigators, clinical trialists, laboratory technicians, study coordinators and other related personnel required to establish and support multi- and interdisciplinary clinical and translational researchers and research teams.
Learn more about our opportunities for:
- Ph.D. Students
- Clinical Fellows & Junior Faculty
- Research Coordinators
- Certificates Offered in the Health Science Center:
- Graduate Certificate Policy
- Graduate Certificates
- Biomedical Scientist as Educator Certificate
- You must apply to participate at University of Florida online Certificate Application
Numerous seminars and courses are offered throughout the year.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or to discuss your career goals and how we can help.
The Translational Workforce Development Program is led by Thomas A. Pearson, MD, MPH, PhD, KL2 principal investigator and executive vice president for research and education at UF Health. The TWD Directorate oversees all CTSI training programs and serves as the program’s primary decision-making body. The Directorate meets monthly and is advised by the KL2, TL1 and TRACTS advisory committees. In addition to Dr. Pearson, the Directorate includes:
- Linda Behar-Horenstein, PhD, Director of Educational Development and Evaluation
- Linda B. Cottler, PhD, MPH, Chair of the KL2 and TL1 Advisory Committees
- Roger Fillingim, PhD, Director of Mentor Development
- H. Robert Kolb, Director of the Research Professionals Consortium
- Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, PhD, Director of Professional Development
- Wayne McCormack, PhD, Principal Investigator and Director of the TL1 Program
- Talline Martins, PhD, Director of Diversity & Inclusion
- Tammy Mandell, M.Ed., Bioscience Industry Workforce
- Ronald Shorr, MD, MS, Director of the CTSI Training and Research Academy for Clinical and Translational Science (TRACTS)
- Glenn Smith, PhD, Clinical and Health Psychology