We are the central hub for translational science education at UF.
The CTSI Translational Workforce Development Program provides educational opportunities that facilitate the training of clinical and basic science investigators, clinical trialists, laboratory technicians, study coordinators and other related personnel required to establish and support multi- and interdisciplinary clinical and translational researchers and research teams.
Learn more about our opportunities for:
Looking for grant writing resources?
The Translational Workforce Development Program is led by Stephen Kimmel, M.D., Dean’s Professor and Chair, Department of Epidemiology. The TWD Directorate oversees all CTSI training programs and serves as the program’s primary decision-making body. The Directorate meets monthly and is advised by the KL2, TL1 and TRACTS advisory committees. The Directorate includes:
- Yulia A. Strekalova, PhD, Director of Educational Development and Evaluation
- Linda B. Cottler, PhD, MPH, Chair of the KL2 and TL1 Advisory Committees
- Roger Fillingim, PhD, Director of Mentor Development
- H. Robert Kolb, Director, Clinical Research Coordinator’s Programing
- Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, PhD, Director of Professional Development
- Wayne McCormack, PhD, Principal Investigator and Director of the TL1 Program
- Patty Xirau-Probert, PhD, Director of Diversity & Inclusion
- Tammy Mandell, M.Ed., Bioscience Industry Workforce
- Ronald Shorr, MD, MS, Director of the CTSI Training and Research Academy for Clinical and Translational Science (TRACTS)
- Glenn Smith, PhD, Clinical and Health Psychology
Stephen Kimmel, M.D., TWD Program Director
Dean’s Professor and Chair, Department of Epidemiology, UF College of Public Health and Health Professions
Wayne T. McCormack, Ph.D., TL1 Program Director
Professor and Distinguished Teaching Scholar, Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, UF College of Medicine
Phone: (352) 294-8334
Faheem W. Guirgis, M.D., FACEP, KL2 MPI
Associate Professor and Program Director, Emergency Medicine and Acute Care Research Fellowship; Director, Center for Research Training
UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville
Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, Ph.D., KL2 MPI
Professor & Chief, Department of Aging and Geriatrics, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, UF College of Medicine
Ronald Shorr, M.D., M.S., TRACTS Director
Offices for the CTSI Translational Workforce Development Program are housed in the UF Health Office of Biomedical Research Career Development in Room CG-72, which is located on the ground floor of the Communicore Building. Please enter CG-72 from outside the east side of the building, which faces the Academic Research Building.
The CTSI Translational Workforce Development Program coordinates its activities with other programs across the campus involved in education and training of research professionals. Affiliated programs include: