2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Lecture
4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Small Group Research Experience (registered students only; tuition payment required; 2 graduate credit hours)
See the course outline for details on the schedule, topics and presenters.
Registration (Required) – Summer B (July 1 -August 9)
- GMS 7093 – (section 411H) (for credit – students) Regular Registration begins June 28, 2020
- The registration deadline for credit is June 28, 2020, 5 p.m. Registration for graduate credit requires tuition payment for two (2) graduate credit hours and participation in the small group experience from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. each class day. Students can send registration requests to firstname.lastname@example.org (include UFID).
- Registration Options:
- Active students: register by using the section number
- Postdoc or those who are not active students: You will need to submit a non-degree application to begin the process of being entered in the system https://registrar.ufl.edu/currents/nondegree.html. Once you have submitted the application, you need to email Susan Gardner at email@example.com so she can admit you into the system. Once the Admissions Office has reviewed your application they will notify you of any necessary documents. (immunization, prior transcripts)
- EEP: http://hr.ufl.edu/learnandgrow/education-programs/employee-education-program/
Follow the instructions at this website. There are restrictions for registration, you will be informed of when you can register.
- Non-credit Registration: Register here! This will not be recorded on your UF transcript, but will be a part of your MyTraining learning record. After successful completion, you will receive a certificate.
- The registration deadline for non-credit participants is June 28, 2020.
This course is offered by the UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute to UF Health Science Center junior faculty, fellows, Ph.D. students and others interested in patient-oriented research careers.
It is a highly interactive series of 11 sessions led by leading faculty in the UF Health Science Center. It includes basic elements of study design, database design and management, health center resources, regulatory issues, and biostatistical considerations.
The course also includes practical, interactive small-group sessions to develop an interdisciplinary protocol. Individuals wishing to participate in the small group research experience must register for graduate credit.
We ask that clinical fellows who attend this course be relieved of all clinical duties during each session.