Located on UF's East Campus, the FLRDC will provide a secure research environment where researchers can analyze restricted data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau and other federal statistical agencies. Click below to learn more about the FLRDC and inquire about access.
To open any of the following links in a new tab, right-click the button and select “open link in new tab”.
About the FLRDC
The information provided through the FLRDC is available to researchers from universities, government agencies, and private institutions in Florida and beyond. In order to access this information, researchers must draft a research proposal to be submitted to the federal agency whose data they want to access for their research. A list of federal agencies providing data can be found here.
Researchers must consult with the FLRDC Administrator about the content and form of a research proposal. The administrator can assist researchers in determining data availability and in preparing worthy proposals. Graduate students who are interested in using the FLRDC should obtain an email of support from their advisors prior to initiating the proposal process. Click below to learn more about the proposal submission process and obtaining special sworn status.
To add your name to the FLRDC e-mail list, send an e-mail to Mark Girson with your contact information.
FLRDC partner network
Support for the FLRDC is provided by consortium members at the University of Florida, Florida State University, Moffit Cancer Center, and University of Central Florida. All researchers at FLRDC Consortium institutions have access to the FLRDC. Some federal data sets, i.e. data from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), may have some additional data management related fees. The consortium welcomes other institutions to join and also welcomes researchers at non-consortium institutions to inquire about obtaining access to the FLRDC.
Learn more about the FLRDC’s consortium partners below:
UF is a land, sea, space-grant research university with facilities in all 67 counties across the state of Florida.
FSU is the state’s oldest higher education institution. It is a space and sea-grant research university offering over 300 degree programs.
Moffit Cancer Center is Florida’s first National Cancer Institute designated cancer center singularly focused on cancer prevention, treatment, and cure.
Founded in 1963, UCF is significant in Florida’s research infrastructure and has one of the largest student bodies in the U.S.
University of Florida partners
Support for the FLRDC from within the UF comes from the UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), Office of Research, Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics (HOBI) at the College of Medicine, and the Bureau for Economic and Business Research (BEBR).
Learn more about the FLRDC’s UF partners below:
Jaclyn Hall is a Research Scientist with the Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics. As a medical geographer, her research addresses spatial aspects of social determinants and health disparities.
Executive Advisory Committee Members
Associate Dean, UF College of Liberal Arts and Sciences | Director, UF Bureau of Economic Business Research (BEBR)
Professor, Geography | Associate Dean, Research | FSU College of Social Science and Public Policy
Associate Dean | Norejane Hendrickson Professor | FSU College of Human Sciences
Assistant Professor, Sociology | Department of Sociology, Criminology & Law | UF College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS)
Location and parking
The FLRDC is located in UF's East Campus. Click below to access the location via Google Maps. Written directions are also available below.
- Take exit 390 (Gainesville / FL-222 / NW 39thAve)
- Go 9.7 miles east on FL 222/NW 39th Ave to Waldo Rd (FL 24)
- Turn right (south)
- Go approximately 1.1 miles. After the turn onto Waldo Rd., you go through 1 stoplight (at NE 23rd Ave.)
- UF Eastside Campus will be on your right
From I-95 & Jacksonville:
- Take I-10 West
- Follow I-10 West for approximately 37 miles to US 301 South (Baldwin, exit 343)
- From US 301 take FL-24W in Waldo for another 14 miles
- UF Eastside Campus will be on your right
From the Gainesville Regional Airport:
- Exit the airport drive. Turn right (west) on SR 222 (NW 39th Avenue)
- Go about 1/2 mile to Waldo Rd (traffic light); turn left (South) onto Waldo Rd.
- Go about 1.5 mi. south on Waldo Rd; look for the UF Eastside Campus on your right
When You Arrive at UF Eastside Campus:
- If you park outside of the designated Visitor Parking area without a valid UF Parking decal, you will be ticketed.
- Special note to UF employees: Do not park in the “Visitor Parking Area” if you have a UF Decal! Your car will be ticketed by UPD if you park there! The Visitor Parking Area is for non-UF Employee Parking only!