ResearchMatch is a national volunteer research registry that brings together researchers and willing volunteers who want to get involved in research studies. It was developed by institutions affiliated with the Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) program and provides a secure, web-based approach to address a key barrier to advancing research: finding research participants.
Cost of ResearchMatch
There is no cost to use ResearchMatch. You do, however, need materials approved by the IRB (details below).
Steps to use ResearchMatch
- Register for ResearchMatch here
- Need help? Download the welcome guide here
- Free training for researchers occurs every 2nd Thursday of the month from 3-4pm
- Using ResearchMatch requires IRB approval. Use this form and submit to the IRB.
- Here are some contact message examples
- We recommend you use a REDCap survey/screening survey to recruit participants. Need help using REDCap? Check out their online training here or check out our REDCap page for further assistance.
Volunteers can register for ResearchMatch at researchmatch.org – it only takes 5 to 10 minutes to register. Volunteers of any age, race, ethnicity, and health status are invited to join. By registering in ResearchMatch individuals are not registering to participate in any study. They are showing interest to be contacted about studies that may be a good ‘match’ for them. The goal of ResearchMatch is to better connect volunteers with potential study opportunities
Contact Bob Kolb, RN, MS, CCRC