As part of the RDDC, the Qualitative Research Collaboration was developed as a resource to link researchers conducting health-related research with experienced qualitative researchers from across the UF campus when study designs (including mixed methods) call for qualitative research components. For additional assistance with any of these services, please submit a service request.
Faculty with expertise in qualitative research from several disciplines welcome the opportunity to discuss and develop collaborative partnerships with both novice and experienced health-related researchers and contribute to the development and implementation of qualitative research methods during the project design phase.
The goal is to develop collaborative partnerships between health-related researchers and those with qualitative expertise in the design and implementation of research projects by being actively involved in the project from conception to conclusion.
Qualitative Research Design and Grant Proposal Collaborations
Rigorous qualitative research requires expertise in qualitative theory, research design, and methods including data collection and analysis. Faculty are available for collaboration on projects employing qualitative study design and can assist in defining study aims and research questions, choosing the appropriate method(s), and developing a rigorous plan for data collection and analysis.
Grant proposals must include appropriate funding for implementation, training, and data collection and analysis. The percent FTE will be negotiated during proposal development and consultation stages of the collaboration.
The suggested role assignment by FTE is as follows:
- 30%+ PI or Co-PI
- 10%-20% Co-Investigator
- 5%-9% Consultant
Qualitative Research Resources
Selected Qualitative Research Courses at UF
- EDF 6475: Qualitative Foundations of Educational Research
- EDF 7483: Qualitative Data Collection
- EDF 7479: Qualitative Data Analysis
- NGR 6815: Foundations of Qualitative Research in Health
- NGR 7814: Qualitative Field Methods for Health-Related Research
- PHC 6937: Special Topics: Qualitative Data Analysis
- e-Source: Behavioral & Social Sciences Research, a Web-based interactive anthology with the latest research methods and tools to address emerging challenges in public health (launched in 2012 by the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research and the New England Research Institutes)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Qualitative Research Guidelines, 2008
- Qualitative data management software:
- Software training: Queri, Inc., Kristi Jackson
Phone: (352) 294-5732 | Fax: (352) 294-5770