First, do you need to create a flyer? Or is it an email that you need to create?
The flyers in this section are to be used for physical distribution, such as posting to a community board or passing out in a class. If you do not intend to physically print the document, it is likely you need a digital publication rather than a paper flyer. Please visit the digital materials page.
If it is a physical flyer you need, create a free account in the design program Canva to access the flyers below.
Questions on how to use Canva? Try out one of their tutorials.
Don’t forget to check out all of the templates Canva offers, too! You can integrate the suggested colors and fonts on any Canva design.
The templates below can be used to assist in poster creation. The posters are created in PowerPoint and are 60′ x 36′. They include the UF logo, CTSI logo and CTSI funding text in the footer. Detailed instructions within the poster template can help to maximize effective presentation of your research. The three versions below provide flexibility for the various types and sizes of charts, graphics and text you might want to include; for example, the three-column versions provide room in the center column for wider charts.
Template guidelines and tips
- You may find it easier to write out content in Word, then copy/paste into the poster according to the instructions.
- The columns are adjustable. You are not limited to the columns in the template.
- These templates use varying types of the Franklin Gothic font. While this font is recommended, the template allows you to change the font. Sans serif fonts such as Arial are best for posters.
- Do not make font size any smaller than 20 pt. Smaller font sizes are difficult to read. If you are having trouble fitting your content, focus on the following:
- What information is most essential to the reader?
- Can you use bulleted lists instead of paragraphs?
- Try to keep each section 200 words and under. You can find a helpful guide here.
- Avoid adding too many logos. If you need to add additional logos, try to find ones with a white background and use the PowerPoint guidelines to line them up. Keep logos in the header.
- If you need to change the poster size, go to “Design”, “Slide Size” and change dimensions. When prompted, select “Ensure Fit”.
Printing your poster
The following services are available to help print your poster:
Many online resources can help you create your poster.
Use the UF letterhead provided on their branding website: http://identity.ufl.edu/faqs/letterhead/.
The UF CTSI uses UF standard business cards. Business cards should be ordered from Mail and Document Services. Use the template here for business cards. Only the name, title, and contact information should be changed. Do not change formatting, add or remove elements to the business card. Click on the image to the right to download a PowerPoint template business card.
University of Florida standard white business envelopes are available from the UF CTSI office on request.